Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mother's Day Tea

Well, here we are, another year of pre-school over. It’s so hard for me to believe that it has been almost 2 years since the girls were in the 2 and You program with Miss Sally. They were so little then and have just grown up so much in the last year.

Drew and I are thankful for the wonderful teachers that they had this year. Mrs. Poe and Ms. Gonce were amazing! Both Preslee and Mason changed so much from that first day and learned so much! I hear them talking about things now (things I didn’t even know they knew) and when I say, where did you learn that, they say, “From Ms. Gonce or Mrs. Poe.”

The end of the year is really special. The kids and the teachers host a Mother’s Day Tea. I have heard from graduating parents that it is the most special thing you will attend while at Chestnut Grove and I think they were right. I don’t know how anything could top it. It’s so intimate, in your child’s classroom with all the kids and other moms and just so special. Having two 3 year olds, it was hard for me to be back and forth between the two rooms, so my mom and my MIL went with me. It was a really special time for the three of us to be with Preslee and Mason and meant so much to the girls to have all three of us there.

We met in the big room for songs and LOTS of hugs. Then off to the individual classrooms for our brunch and mothers’ day gifts. The girls made the sweetest gifts for each of us and before the day was over, all the moms were in tears.

Thanks so Ms. Gonce and Mrs. Poe for making this such a special day!




No comments: