Saturday, July 9, 2011

Our Trip to North Carolina

Every year we try to take a trip to North Carolina to see my parents. The girls love it there and they get to do so many different things than we do at home.

Daddy flew down and drove back with the girls and I. Drew wasn’t able to come for the weekend, but he met us there later in the week. When I tell you that the girls were so excited to see my parents that is a complete understatement. They just screamed when they saw my dad get off the plane at the airport and then when they saw Mom standing in the driveway once we got to NC.

We went non-stop the whole trip. Aunt Amy came down for the weekend and we all went to the river on Saturday. It’s such a different experience than the beach or the pool and the girls loved it. We found a spot with some really slick rocks and they made a slide down into the water that they did over and over and over!


We had lots of picnics


Took a SO FUN trip
to Santa Land and Cherokee to look for “real” Indians





Took a boat cruise on Lake Lure (saw where they filmed Dirty Dancing) and spent the day shopping in Chimney Rock


Ate lots of dinners out




And yesterday saw the opening of Winnie the Pooh. I love it that my kids love movies that I watched when I was a kid. Sappy yes, but I teared up when the movie first started!

Lots of great memories where made this week and it was so great to be home with my family. I LOVED spending time with them and my sister (missed you so much Gavin). I realize just how much I miss them all when we have to leave. The girls cried for about 30 minutes after we left this morning but we reassured them that we would definitely be back and are already planning for the next trip!
Thanks so much Mom and Dad for an amazing week! We love you and can’t wait to do it again!

No comments: