I honestly and truthfully cannot believe that Thanksgiving is tomorrow.
I have meant to be all holly and jolly about it and write grand lists of all the things I'm thankful for because Thanksgiving deserves some serious honor. I mean, seriously, there's nothing like having an opportunity to sit back and soak in all that we have to be grateful for. But I figure in all reality this whole blog is a giant list of so many things I'm grateful for.
But still, I just have to pause a moment in the business of Thanksgiving preparations and post some of the little (and big) things I'm so grateful for right now:
-My girls prayers. And how when they say something extra adorable in them Drew and I can hardly help peeking just so we can see how cute they are.
-That they tell me they love me 100 times a day and race to the door to give me "one last kiss and hug" before I leave the house.
-How Drew puts up with the fact that I feel I have to do everything on my "to do list" right now, and how he gently calms me and reminds me we have a long life ahead of us.
-The way Finley curls up next to me at night when she sneaks into our bed.
-How everything Mason does has a little bit of spunk in it. And how amazing she, Preslee and Finley are doing in school.
-I'm grateful that Preslee and Mason are pros at putting Finley to bed and reading her stories and that Finley would choose her above any of the rest of us to tuck her in.
-Long-late-night talks with Drew and how he "gets" me.
-My bed. Did I tell you we got a new mattress and how comfortable it is?
-Our neighborhood, we have the greatest group of friends and schools filled with people we love.
-Those Tuesdays and Thursdays that the girls are off school. This is the last year that Preslee and Mason will be home and I am going to miss them so much!
-The feeling of being "A Brand new Mom" when Amy babysits for just a few hours in the afternoon. Love drinking my coffee and listening to what I want on the radio.
-Our home and the feeling of family (love and chaos and beauty all mixed together) that fills the air here. And how it feels to be safe and sound with our girls sleeping upstairs at night.
-Our new sweet puppy, Lucy. I lost my girl, Heidi in March. Not a day has gone by in the last 8 months that I haven't missed her and wished I could have her back for just one afternoon. But Lucy has been such a joy. She hasn't been able to take away my missing Heidi, but has helped me to remember the good times we had with her.
-Our parents who sacrificed so much for us...and for their examples that change our lives.
But most of all, I'm grateful for a loving God who will never withhold second chances.
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a million things to be thankful for this year!
2 comments:
Laura...this is beautiful! You are truly blessed to have such a precious family...three beautiful little girls and a husband who adores you. Not to mention sweet Miss Lucy. I miss snuggling with her.
Dad and I are so blessed to have 2 beautiful daughters and our 4 precious grandchildren. And of course we love Drew like he is our very own son. We are so proud of our family. We thank God for them everyday.
Happy Thanksgiving! Love you very much.
Thanks Mom! We love you guys too. Wish we could all be together for Thanksgiving, but I am hoping for next year. Miss you lots. Give Daddy and Amy a hug for us!
Post a Comment