Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Finley!


Finley,

You, my third child my baby forever, melt my heart. I could end the letter right here. Wipe my hands clean of what I want to say and call it a day, "Happy 3rd Birthday Finley."

Perhaps that is why you are so incredibly spoiled with love. I have no patience in disciplining you correctly as I did with your sisters. When you SCREAM "no" like a wild banshee I run to you and smother you with kisses on your neck and you turn and offer me the other side of your neck and we giggle out loud together in defeat. Your Daddy and I have discussed that you just don’t seem to understand the word “no.” I have thought about it for a while and realized that you, my baby have years to understand the word NO and in the meantime I will continue attacking you with kisses every time you have a tantrum.

Because. I am so in love. I have the time to lose myself in your laughter, your cuddles, and your scent. My first experience as a mother was so absolutely amazing. To have two sweet little babies at one time is such a gift. But they always had to share me. As a new mother I frantically made sure they were taken care off, well fed, and well manicured. With you it's a little different... all I have is time. Time to appreciate.

On your last full day as a two-year-old, you slept for over 13 hours and of course I ran to your room to check on you. I stood above your bed watching your chest gently fill up with air, your “bank” still in place, and your silky brown hair perfectly lying across your Lalaloopsy pillow. I watched you sleep for a while before sweeping you into my arms, half asleep, and carried you to my bed. We were alone in our PJs for 65 minutes. We snuggled and when you woke up, we sang Happy Birthday out loud. Before long, your big sisters joined us and had to sing “Happy Birthday Dear Finney” again. My favorite part was that you sang with us, Happy Birthday to Finney. Love these sweet moments with my girls!

YOU are my baby, my last, the third child that I always dreamed of having. You complete us as a family. I will never have another baby.

Sweet little Finney-Foo, you love to dance with your sisters. You have recently discovered makeup and you always want me to put “stick-stick” on your lips. You ask me twice a day "wanna paint" and point to the craft box full of brushes and jars. You are absolutely obsessed with Pocahontas and John Smith. You can quote the movie verbatim and know all the songs word for word.

I love when you tell me that I am your best friend. Did you know that your Daddy calls you Velcro? You and I are stuck together at the hip. Next year when I have to leave you at pre-school, I don’t know who will cry more, you or me.

There hasn’t been a day that has gone by in the last 3 years that you haven’t made us laugh. Not just chuckle, but full on belly laugh. You are probably the funniest kid I know. I love that we have “grown-up” conversations now. You challenge me on a daily basis, but I love that about you. Being so head strong will make you excel. You are going to be something big one day, I know it!

Finley, you are so loved! I can’t wait to see what the next year holds for us. Happy Birthday baby girl. We love you, all the love in the world!

Love,
Mommy
35 1/2 inches tall and 26 1/2 pounds on your 3rd birthday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Yes Finley is an amazing little lady! She is head strong...just like her Mommy was at that age. But just like her Mommy did at that age, she fills our days with happiness and laughter. Have an amazing 3rd. year Finley. Continue to be the wonderfully cute, sweet, head strong little lady that you are. We love you so much! Mamaw & Papaw