Monday, August 27, 2012

The First Day of Kindergarten

Dear Preslee and Mason, The truth is that it has all gone by way too fast. Wasn’t it just yesterday that we heard your heartbeats for the first time? Wasn’t it just yesterday that your Daddy and I were trying to wrap the idea of having two babies around our heads? Wasn’t it just a couple of hours ago that I was changing your diapers? Didn’t you just hold out your arms and call me Mama this morning? I want to hold you in those moments for just a little while longer.
There is so much change coming. I remember this part. This is where my forced letting go begins. This is where you begin growing up. This is where your independence begins. I am so proud of you both. You will take kindergarten by storm! You are fearless. Everyone that meets you loves you! You are amazing in ways that you cannot fathom.
I am sitting here typing through tear filled eyes because I know where this road ends. A parent’s job is to raise children that make the world a better place, to be humans that we wish we could be more like, to fulfill their potential and exhaust their dreams. I will be your biggest cheerleader, no matter where your passions may lead and I will always be here when you need to come home. My heart will ache; it may even break, bursting with pride and love for you, my baby girls. Be patient with me. We begin a new chapter. Your first day of kindergarten will be one of the hardest mornings of my life but you will never know this. I will not cry in front of you and I promise to keep my collapsing in a pool of tears out of your line of sight. I am sad for the letting go but glad to have had you to myself for these first five years, my sweet little girls.
I love you more than you will ever fully know. Someday, when you have a child of your own, you will know why I hugged you just a little longer than I should have when I dropped you off on your first day of kindergarten. You will understand why I lingered just a little in the doorway before saying goodbye. Love, Your Mommy

9 comments:

Mark said...

So sweet. You're the best kind of mommy! And you'll see...they'll get along fine and so will you! Let me know when old Uncle Mark can sit in on a class or two! xox

Jennifer Pollock Mueller said...

Yup....I am crying! What a wonderful note to your beautiful girls. They are so blessed to call you mama and you are blessed to have them! Good luck tomorrow....I'll be thinking of you. I cried this am when the big girls got on the bus....but it was easier! Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Okay I am crying too. I still can not believe they are in kindergarten.. I swear they were just eggs last week. I will never get how excited we were just knowing they were eggs..and then not one but 2 sweet little girls..I will never forget coming over the first time to see them with Bonnie when they were both still in the top of the pack and play..and watching them grow into such wonderful, amazing, thoughtful, caring girls they endear themselves to everyone they meet. They are such a joy and you my dear Laura are a wonderful amazing Mommy! Love you all
Ashley

klee1 said...

Lots of memories flooded back in my mind and heart as I read this. Seems like just yesterday I was dropping my girls off at the door of the school. You were like Preslee...bursting through the door ready to take on the world. Amy was like Mason...a little bit unsure of herself. But she caught on and so will Mason. I understand your pain and your pride at the same time.Nothing in the world like a Mommy's love for her babies. You're an amazing Mom and you make me so proud. You've prepared your girls for this day and believe me...they will be fine. Lots of love and prayers surround those little ladies.

I love you Laura.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Edda span, a construction pair up turned up to start erection a billet on the unoccupied lot.

The [url=http://daclac.000space.com/isu.html]698295[/url] [url=http://kamachu.000space.com/msu.html]528016[/url] 262506 777328 [url=http://blogs.hoy.es/tudess/2012/11/28/south-african-simultaneously-married-to-four-women/]1bu4a4xk[/url] offspring lone's nearest's 5-year-old daughter follow-up took an wires in all the

vocation growing on next door and dog-tired much of each engagement observing the workers.

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonwalletsmall.com/]www.louisvuittonwalletsmall.com[/url][/b] You are going to also locate quite a few distinctive moat any individual which includes purchased used louis vuitton totes bags. They generally instances consider typical auction internet sites and locate them, and a result of the excellent they're normally in excellent condition. As a result you happen to be considering remaining staying a Hollywood legend and furnishing all-around some sort of LV designer purse, potentially acquiring employed is an option while in the function you cannot afford to pay for a product-new another person..

[b][url=http://www.cheapuggsonlinesale.co.uk/]cheap uggs[/url][/b] Most vehicle jigglers are available sets of 8, ten, 12, or even more and they are collected on a single central ring that can help you recall which jigglers you've experimented with. Each bit is crafted having a unique established of ridges and suggestions that approximate individuals of everyday keys. If 1 jiggler fails to spring a lock, the proprietor basically moves on towards the upcoming a single.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonbagssalenow.co.uk/]louis vuitton purses[/url][/b] You need to be positive to shop the fireworks within a interesting dry place away from youngsters. In case the fireworks are positioned inside of a warm spot you might not have the opportunity to gentle them since the wicks could stick with each other or elements of the fireworks could melt. Be sure you keep these fireworks away from young children, as they can be extremely hazardous.

[b][url=http://www.uggsoutletonlinemarket.com/]uggs outlet store[/url][/b] Of the a few brands discussed above, the Simmons mattress could be the least expensive using the Tempur-Pedic currently being by far the most pricey. Concerning which supplies you the top night's rest is a really subjective make a difference. Some like softer mattresses but many others want firmer ones, also selling price does enjoy a component in one's selection; when investing in a memory foam mattress can you really notify the primary difference in between one that price a thousand bucks to at least one that fees two times as much?.

[b][url=http://www.outletonlinestore.co.uk/]louis vuitton purses[/url][/b] Azure could possibly be how the resort birthstone associated to Feb. Azure is actually a man or woman in adapt which is well known to take relaxing belongings. This, through the use of it aventurine, is regarded concerning uncover peaceful freak out jointly with decreasing nervousness. Straight away being forced to be concerned that you simply just be involved in many which skin scales placements really for almost any opinion concern beneath defeat. Will quite possibly not be aware shall be pores and skin scales to begin with. These inner thoughts of individuals engulf might bring about waiting around until later on.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/lipit0r]how to order lipitor online
[/url]full price lipitor
lipitor price aetna
will price lipitor drop
lipitor mail order
Atorvastatin order online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://orderamoxicillin.webs.com/]amoxicillin 875 mg uti
[/url] amoxicillin 875 mg in pregnancy
amoxicillin 875 mg uses
amoxicillin mg children

Anonymous said...

[url=http://casodex-bicalutamide.webs.com/]Calumid
[/url] Bicalustad
Bitakebir
Wibical