Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I won!!

i never win anything, OK, i did win a goldfish once when i was a kid at my elementary school carnival, but usually i don't win contests, etc. this month, i hit the jackpot. i won twice! once at the nicu reunion, i won a set of dvd's for the girls and just recently on another blog that i frequent, pink with sparkles, i won their monthly give-away.

the giveaway was for a 5x7 print ready for framing , a set of 8 personalized notecards, and a set of 8 personalized round stickers. after talking to bekkah, the artist behind the adorable things you see at babycakes art store, i decided to have her do silhouettes of the girls. for all of you who know me, i LOVE all things pink and extra girly, so these were perfect for me. i sent her profile shots of preslee and mason and she came up with the most beautiful silhouettes that i have ever seen! i also picked a set of brown and pink polka dot note cards. but the greatest surprise was the stickers that bekkah created.

here are the silhouettes of preslee and mason


and the notecards


and here is the sticker


if you need a gift for a baby shower or for yourself, check out her website. everything is custom designed for you and so, so cute! check out her blog here, babycakes art store blog.

4 comments:

andrea poehl said...

those are PPPPPRRRRREEEECCCCIIIIOOOOUUUUUSSSS!!!!!!!! the silouettes could not be more spot on. wow, i am going to check out her stuff. beautiful!

princealexsmomma said...

I can't get over what a great job she did. She did have some beautiful subjects! I checked out her site and will be ordering from her when my baby girl gets here. I LOVE those stickers!

Cassandra Raney said...

Sooooo adorable! I love girly, pink stuff too! For now, I will live vicariously through you... :)

Anonymous said...

Laura, these are absolutely beautiful. She really captured the girls' precious faces. Congratulations on your win. I remember that goldfish...I believe we named him Elvis!