preslee and mason have always loved books, but lately "reading" has become their favorite thing. they love the flap books and can't wait to open each flap to see what is underneath. in their stocking at christmas this past year, we bought them a book about the birth of baby jesus. all of a sudden, they fight over that book, hand it to me no less than 20 times a day to read it to them and have started finishing my sentences when i am reading it to them.
the first page talks about mary. before i can say mary, they say "mare". then on to talk about mary riding the donkey, they say "donka". later as the sheperds are visited by an angel, it references the star of david. they say "sta". but today was probably one of the sweetest things that i have seen or heard in awhile. preslee was looking through her stack of about 100 books. it was obvious that she was looking for a certain book, but couldn't find it. i would hold up different ones and she would shake her head no. she kept looking and then started saying, "jeez, jeez" over and over. it FINALLY dawned on me that she was looking for the baby jesus book. it was in the diaper bag, so i got it and handed it to her. she just burst into laughter and shook her head yes.
as she sat down and handed it to me to read, she kept saying, "jeez, jeez" over and over again. there is nothing more heartwarming and beautiful than to hear your child talk about jesus.
4 comments:
Preslee you're a girl after your Mamaw's heart! I'm so very happy that you love books.
preslee....oh, how Jeez loves you, sweet girl! and He is already shaping your little heart to love him back!
Oh dear, this is the most precious story, and I am just teary thinking about your girls already loving Jesus! I pray so much that Allison would also develop a heart for "Jeez" at an early age. Thanks for sharing!
Laura, I know how proud it makes you to hear Preslee talk about "Geez." I know God is smiling too! I remember how proud I was when you and Amy learned to sing "Jesus Loves Me." So very happy when you made a profession of your faith in Jesus.
Post a Comment