Monday, March 31, 2008

My little Shadows

a friend sent this to me today. it was so sweet, i had to share it.

Her Little Shadows
I saw a young mother with eyes full of laughter
And two little shadows come following after
Wherever she moved, they were always right there-
Holding onto her skirts, hanging onto her chair,
Before her, behind her-an adhesive pair.

“Don’t you ever get weary as, day after day,
Your two little tagalongs get in your way?”

She smiled as she shook her pretty young head,
And I’ll always remember the words that she said:
It’s good to have shadows that run when you run
That laugh when you’re happy and hum when you hum-
For you only have shadows when your life's filled with sun

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura,
This is such a beautiful poem. It brought tears to my eyes. Some of the happiest days of my life were when you and Amy were my little shadows. Now you're not just my daughters you're all grown up and my best friends. I know that you realize how blessed you are to have your little shadows.